Reporting directly to the Market Manager the Field Operations Manager is responsible for managing and leading fi eld staff who delivery propane and service propane equipment within a designated geographic area.
You will be responsible for all aspects for people management; recruitment, training, performance management, development and disciplinary action. The Field Operations Manager I is also accountable for operational expense management, as well as ensuring that the facilities are fleet are operated safely.
Collaborate and work directly with regional managers to deploy business initiatives and execute operational and strategic objectives.
Represent the fi eld and their perspective, share their concerns and successes by providing feedback to regional managers, theNational Operations Centre and national office.
• High school completion with a specialized technical or business course
• A minimum of three (3) years experience in a fi eld operations and/or supervisor role
• Good understanding of transportation and distribution as well as technical competence is required
• Previous experience in the propane industry would be an asset
• Strong business acumen with a good fi nancial understanding and previous P&L accountability
• Good analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
• Working knowledge of provincial regulatory requirements with respect to propane handling
• Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Superior communication skills (verbal & written) and the ability to present information to a variety of audiences
• Ability to lead and manage change; to coach and mentor performance development
• Proven track record of recognizing and providing good customer service
• Good computer skills (Windows, Outlook, JD Edwards)
• A valid driver’s license and ability to meet travel requirements