Start date: October 2018
End date: April, 2019
Term: Full Time (30-40 hours/week), Seasonal, Hourly
Wage: $17.56/hour to $19.00/hour
Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is "Experience of a Lifetime"
Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove
What you'll be doing:
- Leads, monitors and ensures compliance Whistler Blackcomb's HACCP, Food Safe and COR safety programs.
- Assists in initial start of season equipment specific training, building walkthroughs and safety culture.
- Adhere, train and monitor Food Safe handling procedures, no eating in the kitchen, wearing of gloves…
- Leads by example, is approachable, and creates a fun and positive team work environment.
- Communicates guest visits and projected weekly/daily business forecast to his team.
- Assists in the creation of daily pre-shift meetings.
- Assists our Waste reduction and documentation process.
- Conduct weekly food quality audits, shares findings with the team to improve our products and services.
- Manages daily break rotation, assists in management of starting and end times of all staff.
- Assists daily product taste and quality samplings before any menu items are served to our guests.
- Manages all stations during service times, trouble shoots, assists guests and staff.
- Comprehensive product knowledge in all station to be able to point our guests in the right direction.
- Monitors, checks and adheres to all portion, quality and freshness guidelines with all dishes.
- Monitors, checks and adheres to the temperature and presentation guidelines of all dishes.
- Trains all staff on dietary options, ingredients and station guide manuals.
- Knowledgeable on Station guide content and updates, prints recipes and ingredient list.
- Perform in a fast paced guest facing, multi-cultural environment.
- Continues the development of all staff on all levels over the course of the season.
- Provide world class service to all of our guests, assist our guests in commonly asked questions.
- Drive our product enhancement and upselling programs, to make the guests experience better.
- Has a clear understanding of product levels, communicates with the shipping team.
- Communicate concerns and difficulties in bi weekly one on ones.
- Provide and communicate feedback to the Sous Chef and Chef of the restaurant.
- Supervise kitchen staff, and have the ability to lead the team operationally in the absence of the Sous Chef.
- Communicates any equipment breakdowns and finds solutions to the problem.
- Communicates weekly Net promoter scores and all food metrics to the team.
- Monitors the cleanliness of all kitchens, stations and equipment, follows weekly cleaning outlines.
- Adhere and monitors to the grooming policy.
- Reports to work on time in a clean Uniform.
- We are a company that works together and throughout the season you may be required to assist other departments as needed.
- Demonstrating our Core Values; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun.
- Minimum 2 years professional kitchen experience in a high-volume facility.
- Food Safe Certificate 1 (course will be offered).
- Must be able to make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent communication and motivational skills.
- Inventory control and supervisory skills are an asset including coaching, training and mentoring of staff.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Extensive culinary knowledge - food knowledge dependent on unit.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to train Station Cook, Prep Cook and Dishwasher.
- Proof of clear criminal record check.
Address: 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! ( ).
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 158228