Freight forwarding role
1) Cutting docs for Export consignments by air and sea
2) Using carriers online booking and tracking systems
3) Negotiating with airlines and shipping agents.
4) Arranging road consignments, collections and deliveries.
5) Customs documentation
6) Insurance schedules and certificates
7) Quoting customers and agents
8) AOG and out of hours duties.
9) Using our IT system to enter shipments, create documents and do invoicing.
3) Data Input
4) Making and Answering calls
1) Excellent customer service skills
2) Great telephone manner
3) Good level of mathematics ability
4) Good level of Canadian and world geography
5) IT Proficient including Microsoft office
Role will not be defined to one area. As it is a small office the successful candidate must be willing and able to do what is required to keep the office running smoothly and efficiently. In brief they must be a team player.
In addition to the above, in time, duties may also include
Assist with training of new employees.