The job of the CNC Machinist is to produce high precision components using various machine tools in accordance with engineering drawings, blueprints, and detailed process instructions, Set up/trouble shoot, train operators. Assuring all machines are operated in the most efficient and safe manner. Maintain complete inspection reports.
• Eefficiently operate CNC machining & turning centers per all company, safety, quality, and production policies.
• Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
• Evaluate procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved quality and efficiency.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and process sheets.
• Assuring 1st article process refinement including optimization adjustments of program and machine.
• Maintain detailed repair, non-conformance reports, and inspection and certification records pertaining to his/her work are all compliant.
• Set-up & operation of CNC machinery in a prototype & production environment.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Manufacture components to exacting quality and productivity expectations.
• Reading text, Writing, Oral communication, working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, critical thinking.
• Verify dimensions of machined parts using precision measuring instruments.
Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
• CNC machinist with a minimum of 5 years’ job shop experience, technical college diploma or equivalent
• Aviation/aerospace or precision manufacturing experience a definite asset.
• Ability to consistently work to tight tolerance and GDT specifications with minimal Non-conformance.
• Familiarity with Fanuc and or Heidenhain controllers.
• Experience with setup and operation of both 3 axis vertical and 5-axis machines.
• Experience with setup and operation multi axis turn mill machines.
• Capable of performing routine maintenance on equipment.
• University or Technical College diploma or equivalent experience in the field of CNC Machining.
3 POINTS AVIATION USES THE FOLLOWING MACHINES AND SOFTWARE IN OUR FACILITY:
Mikron, 5 axes, HMS 600, CNC Milling Center
Mikron, 5 axes, HPM 450, CNC Milling Center
Nakamura-Tome, NTMX, 9 axes, Turning Center
Nakamura-Tome, SC-300M, 3 axes, Turning Center
Jet-Edge, Two Head, 100psi, Water Jet
AgieCharmill, Wire EDM, AC-Classic
AgieCharmill, Drill 20
Hyper-Mill (5 Axes Milling)
Esprit (9 Axes Turning)
Sigmanest (Water Jet Cutting)
Esprit (Wire EDM)
SolidWorks (Fixture / Drawing, Design)
Salary based on experience
The primary job of the CNC Programmer would be to complete CNC part program creation for a variety of aerospace components using multi-axis milling and turning application software. Develop part manufacturing process steps, tool selection, including all work holding fixtures and tool design requirements in accordance with engineering drawings and detailed process instructions. To assist operator with shop floor set up and 1st off part machining as required, verifying dimension of machined parts using precision measuring instruments, maintain and complete inspection reports.
Develop and create all required manufacturing documents; shop drawings, in process inspection data sheets tool list and machine reports.
Evaluate past and present manufacturing methods and processes; recommend changes or modification for improved quality and efficiency.
Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and process sheets per ANSI 5.
Participate in 1st article process refinement including optimization adjustments of computer numerically controlled (CNC) parameters.
Identify opportunities and solutions to leadership regarding process improvement opportunities or potential risks.
Facilitate development of work procedures for repair and new fabrication of products, using a variety of machine tools and fixturing techniques.
Manufacture components to exacting quality and productivity expectations.
Reading text, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking.
Verify dimensions of machined tools and parts using precision measuring instruments, document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
Be able to design and machine fixtures and tooling for a wide variety of applications
Familiar with Windows and other application software.
Work with and comprehend shop documentation particularly related to aerospace such as routing sheets, engineering instructions, non-conformance reports and various other documents.
A general knowledge of CNC machining and the ability to operate machining and turning centers would be an asset.
minimum of 5 years’ experience, ideal would be in a job shop environment
In CAD/CAM and CNC machine operations.
SolidWorks, Hyper mill and Esprit software and macro programming experience an asset
Hands-on application experience with part process planning, fixture design, multi-axis CNC program creation, as well as, fixture, part and tool set-up using CNC mil and or lathes.
University or Technical College diploma or equivalent experience in the field of CNC Machining, Programming, Manufacturing process and fixture design.
This unique AME position will work in our R&D department reporting into the R&D Manager, in the facilitating of new product additions to our capabilities listings and development of 1st Article Planning by analysis, testing and documentation as required for these new capabilities.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
Support the R&D of aircraft components
Provide support to R&O shop personnel in training and hands on troubleshooting of related new products
Participate in the planning and set up of equipment and component testing on new products
Participate in the planning and implementation of new product projects.
Interface with other internal disciplines and external partners/suppliers to ensure efficient data-flow and information for decision-making
Prepare technical reports, test plans, required documentation. Work statements and cost estimates
Continuing with developing and implementing innovative techniques, tools and processes
Providing guidance to team as needed to assist them in developing their skills
Product and service quality assurance, reporting of discrepancies
Strong analytical capabilities and computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Quantum experience would be an asset
Maintain effective and professional relationships with other functional departments of the facility as well as other locations and support the management team
Demonstrate a personal commitment to Occupational Health, Safety and environment policies, continually focusing on individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all legislation and in accordance with Transport Canada requirements
Must be comfortable in building relationships with customers and senior management
Perform other related duties as required
Previous experience with Transport Canada approved facility, or AS9100
Background in mechanical assembly with stringent fit and finish requirements
Operative knowledge of various tooling and test equipment
Strong people and communication skills (written/oral)
Directing others using functional and technical skills
Strong organizational/time management skills, with a focus on project and process management
Capable of reading and interpreting technical documentation such as maintenance manuals, work packages, drawings, blueprints and standard facility procedures
Ability to communicate to senior management, customers and off site stakeholders
Self-motivated, logical thinker and complex problem solver
Must have a wide and recognized technical knowledge of commercial aircraft, as well as a thorough understanding of the product support environment
5-10 years plus experience in all things mechanical within the aerospace or defence industry
College degree and/or diploma in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic field or 10 years’ experience in the aerospace industry in these fields